In the regular course of business, Linear Medical Pty Limited (Linear Medical) acquires personal information by interaction with employees, healthcare professionals across all sectors, members of the wholesale and logistics industry, and others.
Linear Medical recognises and respects the privacy rights of individuals with regards to such personal information and is committed to ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
As a subsidiary of Ramsay Health Care, Linear Medical must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other privacy laws which govern how medical device suppliers such as Linear Medical handle your personal information.
1. What information does Linear Medical collect? Generally, Linear Medical collects the personal information that you provide. This includes information collected when you purchase products from Linear Medical, register for an account or apply for a job with Linear Medical. The personal information collected by Linear Medical may include:
- Your name.
- Your address.
- Your telephone number(s).
- E-mail addresses.
- Financial information about you.
- Facility/organisation information.
- Ordering and inventory activity data.
- Other information relevant to Linear Medical business activity with your organisation.
Your personal information is usually collected directly from you although there may be some instances where your personal information is collected from legitimate third parties. An example of where we may obtain personal information about you from a third party is where you have applied for credit with Linear Medical and information is about your credit history is obtained from a credit reporting agency. However, personal information will only be collected from a third party where it is lawful for Linear Medical to do so or the relevant third party has your permission to disclose your personal information. In respect of personal information that is collected, used or disclosed, Linear Medical will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
2. How does Linear Medical use and disclose your personal information? Linear Medical only collects, holds, uses, and discloses your personal information for the purpose you have given the information, which may include:
- To carry out transactions and interact with you and/or your organisation.
- To provide products and services to you and/or your organisation.
- To engage in, develop, and maintain relationships with business contacts.
- To maintain business records.
- To assess applications for employment and to act as an employer.
- To provide you with information about our products and/or services.
- Any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented.
- The other purpose is directly related to the purpose for which you have given Linear Medical the information and you would reasonably expect, or Linear Medical has told you, that your information is usually disclosed for another purpose or to other individuals, organisations or agencies.
- You have consented for Linear Medical to use your information for another purpose.
- Linear Medical reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety.
- Linear Medical reasonably suspects that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of Linear Medical’s investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities.
- Linear Medical is required or authorised by law to disclose your information for another purpose.
4.1 Collection When you use Linear Medical’s website, there is no attempt to identify you as an individual user and personal information is not collected about you unless you specifically provide this. Sometimes, your personal information may be collected if you choose to provide this to Linear Medical via an online form or by email, for example, if you:
- submit a general enquiry via our contacts page;
- register to receive share market reports; or
- send a written complaint or enquiry to Ramsay’s Corporate Privacy Officer.
- your computer address;
- your top level name (for example, .com,.gov, .org, .au etc);
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages and documents you access during your visit; and
- the browser you are using.
Linear Medical may use other means to record and log the above statistical information about your visit to the website and to evaluate the effectiveness of the website (e.g., by using services such as Google Analytics). Linear Medical is, however, obliged to allow law enforcement agencies and other government agencies with relevant legal authority to inspect its ISP logs, if an investigation being conducted warrants such inspection.
4.2 Cookies A "cookie" is a device that allows our server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Cookies do not identify individual users, but they do identify your ISP and your browser type. This website uses temporary cookies. This means that upon closing your browser, the temporary cookie assigned to you will be destroyed and no personal information is maintained which will identify you at a later date. Personal information such as your email address is not collected unless you provide it to us. We do not disclose domain names or aggregate information to third parties other than agents who assist us with this website and who are under obligations of confidentiality. You can configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies and to notify you when a cookie is used. We suggest that you refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. However, please note that if you configure your browser so as not to receive any cookies, a certain level of functionality of the Linear Medical website and other websites may be lost.
5. Disclosure to third parties You should be aware that Linear Medical may disclose your personal information to third parties which assist Linear Medical in providing its products and services, for example:
- Third parties engaged by us to perform functions or provide products or services on our behalf;
- Related companies within the Ramsay Health Care Group;
- Our professional advisors, including our auditors, accountants and lawyers;
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities; and
- A party to a transaction involving the sale of our business or its assets
As an international company, we may also in some circumstances send your personal information to overseas recipients. All disclosure occurs on a genuine business need basis. Linear Medical will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas entities to which it discloses personal information comply with applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws.
6. Accessing and correcting your personal information You have a right to access your personal information held by Linear Medical, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Privacy Act. You can also request an amendment to your personal information should you believe that it contains inaccurate information. Linear Medical will allow access or make the requested changes unless there is a reason under the Privacy Act to refuse such access or refuse to make the requested changes. If we do not agree to change your personal information, we will permit you to make a statement of the requested changes and we will enclose this with your record. If you require access to your personal information, please complete the form found HERE. You may contact Linear Medical at any time on 1300 782 365 to request corrections or alterations to the personal information that we hold about you.
7. Data Quality Linear Medical will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information collected, used or disclosed by it is accurate, complete and up to date.
8. Data security Linear Medical will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect your privacy. Linear Medical will destroy or permanently de-identify any of your information which is in its possession or control and which is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected provided Linear Medical is not required under an Australian law or court/tribunal or otherwise to retain the information Questions and Complaints Linear Medical is committed to working with its customers and clients to obtain a fair resolution to any complaint or concern about privacy and handling of your personal information. To contact us with a compliment, complaint or privacy question you may contact the Ramsay Privacy Officer at:
- By letter: Corporate Privacy Officer, Ramsay Health Care Limited, Level 8 154 Pacific Highway St Leonards NSW 2065
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: (02) 9433 3444
- By facsimile: (02) 94333460 Attention: Corporate Privacy Officer
Alternatively, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner. To do so, please visit the OAIC website http://www.oaic.gov.au or call the privacy hotline 1300 363 992.
How your personal information is handled when visiting the Linear Medical website - For information on how your information is handled when you visit the Linear Medical website, please view our Terms & Conditions – Use of Site.